Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Page for Elena by Nan

Ok, I rarely say how much I like one of my own layouts...but in this case, I am really liking this layout for Elena. And, I didn't think I'd be saying that. Why? Because she sent me some great photos, but the one SHE wanted me to use was the darkest, grainiest of the bunch. I didn't know what I was going to do with it or how to scrap it to reflect what she was probably feeling in the photo, and the feeling one gets when looking at it. Think...think....think...take a shower, go for a run, eat some chocolate....think....think....think. AHA!
Granted, it is difficult to see in these sneak photos, but I ended up making an 8.5X11 iron-on transfer of the photo and transferring that to the canvas as a background. Then I added one of the other photos from her set to the layout to make everything POP. This layout is all about getting away and renewing oneself.....like our Elena did in December. The butterfly is immensely cool. I received a set of these at Christmas from one of the Zutter DT in Singapore and I love how it looks here.

Hope you like, E!

4 comments:

  1. I am loving this page. Are those mushrooms Elena's photos or an embellishment? Awe, ah. Loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that mushroom photo rocks. . . and the butterfly is wonderful great peak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so moved by this. Nan, you totally got it. That trip was about renewing and finding balance! I love love love this! thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page Nan!! Wonderful how you created it too--love the transfer.

    ReplyDelete