Friday, June 12, 2009

A Page for Jennifer by Angela

Once again, I have to check in as the clean and simple scrapper right after one of the other Luckies (in this case, Cheryl again) has posted something piled high with deliciously cute embellishments. To make up for my own lack of embellishment skills, I decided to go with technique for Jennifer's page.
So here goes:
Jennifer sent me 5 pictures to choose from that represented March '09 to her. Great. The more options the better, right? Wrong. I wanted to scrap them ALL and I wanted them to all be full size. Each photo seemed too important to prioritize one over the other or make one smaller or bigger. A tough dilemma when we're working with an 8 x 8 space.

Since I'm an "on-the-table" scrapper, I looked around to what was already available and out on my scrapbook table and lo and behold, I had a box of brads someone had sent me recently- perfect for adding ALL the photos Jennifer had sent me. I simply sorted the photos by orientation (one horizontal, one vertical, one horizontal and so on) and used a brad to affix all the horizontal photos to the canvas at the bottom right corner of each photo and then I used another brad to affix the vertical photos at their bottom left and staggered the photos so that the horizontal photos would fan up and to the left for viewing and the the verticals would fan up and to the right for viewing. I also added Prima paper (cut to match the size of the photos) between some of the photos so that Jennifer can add journaling in between the set of photos when she receives her book.

Throwing in a few other goodies from my desk including the use of my ever-present Fiskars corner rounder and some cute Heidi Grace "Sweetest Bug" goodies and even the thumbnail photos from Jennifer photos (I'm telling you, I just can't have printed photos and not use every single one!) and I was done. A super clean, simple and fast way to add lots of photos to one page to save space!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Angela. This is fantastic. What a great technique. It has been hard to choose just a couple . . . love that you did this. How awesome! Great job and of course love that 'sweetest bug' line. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love the sneek peeks! I am so excited to see the whole pages now!! your page is simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful page and what a great way to get lots of photos on one page. . .

    ReplyDelete