Saturday, November 21, 2009

Elena's August Photos by Angela

Yeah, yeah. I know, it's NOVEMBER and I'm scrapping a nice, summery photos from August. That's what I love about scrapping- it's snowing at my house this weekend but I can have little creative escape through photos. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Elena's photos were fun to scrap because I didn't feel like I was held to any theme. These aren't birthday or vacation photos, they are just plain old fun and playing around photos and I like to think of Elena just goofing around after the challenging year she's had. As for tips and techniques, there's really nothing ground-breaking happening on this page but while I was creating it, I did realize that I have been so busy as a Lead Fiskateer for the past year and a half, I can't remember the last time I took time out to shop for delicious embellishments just for my very own fun. I'm dangerously low on supplies (*shout out to all scrapbook companies!*) so I improvised and hand lettered my title and cut out the butterfly from scratch with nothing but my handy-dandy Fiskars scissors. I even got brave and hand-drew a frame right onto the canvas. Sometimes it's nice to get back to basics.

4 comments:

  1. Angela you page looks wonder from what I can see from your sneak peaks.

    Waiting oh so waiting till I can see the whole pages of all theses sneak peaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Ang! I can't wait to see the whole thing! thank you so much for this beautiful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, the little piece of lime green tulle reminds me on one of Elena's tutus!

    ReplyDelete